Zoom, meet.google and other video apps are great, but they suit only for meetings, not for everyday 8+ hour workday. Slack/discord are cool, but lack the close, synchronous social interaction.
- Start your workday by logging into audio channel - as if going to work
- Stay in channel for entire working day - as if being at work.
- talk to all your team instantly - as if you are in your office room
- start private audio channel - as if walking to someones desk
- start meeting by adding preset groups of people - as if daily standup or weekly planning
- while in meeting, whisper to someone - as if leaning towards your friend and telling a remark or joke privately without leaving the meeting
- go to a meeting room - this is what zoom does currently
- record, timestamp and tag conversations, for important decisions and great ideas.
- get meeting transcript (in writing)
- search meeting transcript by keywords and goto specific second in audio recording.
If people increasingly prefer remote work, it will significantly reduce driving to and from office - thus decreasing global warming. It will also save ton of time wasted in traffic jams. All in all remote work is better for us and for the world.
Try It out
audio, google-web-speech-api, typescript, vue, webrtc