Pitch Summary :
Color coding patients based on the stages of Corona helps in optimizing first line medical care (GP And call center ) prioritization to provide better health care support at early stages of corona infection. This in turn helps reduce the sudden upsurge of patients with high severity landing in Emergency rooms and helps reduce the early spread and panic in patients. The Analytics of this data has manifold impactful implications - prevention, planning , control in a very cost effective approach - Economic systems, government systems, health care etc can use this
What and how can we contribute to the world at this stressful situation of COVID outbreak ?
Is there something we can contribute now and later, so that it facilitates citizens, healthcare providers, governments Discussing with Emergency doctors, health care systems, wife of deceased patient who died of Trauma and stress and hospitals, health care providers, medical helplines, medical suppliers and national health agencies, we came up with colors of corona.
- Emergency Rooms are overburdened with Sudden Upsurge of corona Patients. Emergency doctors are overburdened and worried about resource allocation and their lives too. They want to control at early spread,
- Patients / trauma , stress, and panic is severe and also had lead to a suicide in Sweden.
- Medical resources are limited. Planning and Triaging is also a challenge. Panic patients and most needy patients have to be differentiated
How do we address the concern of providing effective differentiated (based on severity), prioritised expert level health care support at the early stages to reduce the spread at early stages? . How can we aim to provide effective prioritisation to patients requiring emergency care.
Also enhance and optimise the overall hospital agenda planning in a cost-effective approach
How do we use this data that is collected for impactful planning of systems around health care.?
Color coding of patients based on the corona stage. Clinical algorithm is applied to identify patient classification. This data is used in triaging for early prioritisation of the most needy patient to provide severity based expert care. Differentiation of care protocol can be used in call routing , queing of patients, hospital and emergency planning
On a first call to the primary care support (GP or medical helpline) the doctor or nurse attending the call analyses symptoms and assigns a color to the patient. On second call to the helpline, Patient is priortized , color based call routing happens, the patient with severe intensity is prioritised or put to a queue with more expert care.
- Easily Implementable
- Comprehensible 3.Highly Scalable, - as systems are very similar in EU and can be extended to other countries
- Highly Impactful
- Validated with stakeholders in EU countries
- Pilot Phase : collaboration with the medical care in Stockholm Sweden
Solution is very easy and quickly implementable and highly scalable, as it is a tweek to the existing process. Pilot region Stockholm, Sweden . We started conversations with primary health care provider. EU, Europe has similar primary health care support, GP or medical helplines so it would be easy to implement
Solution provides impactful insights with
- Visualisation of analytics
- Real time integrations ,(API)
- planning , control and prevention helps in creating high impact to the society.
Further Derived Analytics Information Analytics on this data can be used for many implications
- Patients - Early care and attention reduces the sudden huge upsurge of spread
- Emergency rooms. Estimation of probable patients to the Emergency or tests
- optimize the overall hospital agenda planning in a cost-effective approach
- Predictive analytics helps in tools for prediction & stop the spreading diseases
- CDC - preventive measures to reduce the risk of a new emergency.
- GP- remote medical assistance & preventive medicine
- Immunization plans : Data can be used for immunisation plans when the vaccine arrives
- Government - based restrictions can be made , if required by closing public gathering places for non-essential items in an area
- Data can be shared with other countries who have started the corona wave
- Panic in the patients are reduced when they know they would be prioritised . This is very essential as Emergency doctors need to handle more time on sickness in the wards and lesser time on Panic on patients
- Bar codes./QR codes can also be provided to patients, if applicable
- Data helps in analysis when the second wave starts
Early help can be provided to locations based on color codes
- Distribution of test kits
- Economic systems around health care - insurances, employment
- Data can be shared with other countries
Validation feedbacks and Testimonials
*Rossella expert in HTA with experience at hospital - national (Italy )and EU level . HTA National level expert (italy) and EU - your idea is very useful to the ER (covid and not covid)
Emergency doctors (Peter Kelly, MD, innovations ) - Your idea will be very useful for the Emergency rooms as they will reduce the upsurge. Will reduce the early spread. Will reduce our burden.
- XX Patients wife (XXX a corona committed suicide due to panic )
- https://www.medhelp.se/ (Bjorn Arkinger) Björn Arkinger. Affärsområdeschef at MedHelp AB “I have read through and think its good and fully understandable.” Its implementable
- vard central ( nurses) - Gunilla Klensmeden. Very nice idea will help differentiate panic and non-panic severe patients
- Swedish eHealth Agency -- as quoted by them We could for example possibly compare it with our data on pharmaceutical sales (pain releifs like paracetamol and ibuprofen) on the Swedish pharmacies to give the regions/care givers a heads up ”in this area more people are infected/experience symptoms.
*National : Evamaria - Socialstyrelsen Socialstyrelsen collects data and analyze it, So we work with aggregated data on a national level. Your data can be interesting
- Louise , Sektionschef digital förnyelse och samverkan Very very useful system for health care and commun reporting
Johan Ödmark VD på SISP - Swedish Incubators & Science Parks: Very nice idea to implement will bring huge impact to the society.
- Jill, (Scotland ), Awsome idea, I see many systems economic, government, health care and all benefit from this Cost effective approach with big impact.
- Nagendra, (Sweden, Business and Sales Specialist) -Great idea impactful business improvements and workflow enhancements through this idea. Economic impact is very huge. Insurance companies, medical supliers , supply chains can benefit a lot from this.
- National health agency : great idea, will be. useful for reporting
- more validation feedbacks from people from other countries, Germany, Italy , Denmark,
we discussed solution with Emilie , National Curator for Belgium, guided us in the project.
We had stakeholder discussions with various countries - Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Germany.
Rossella expert in HTA with experience at hospital - national (Italy )and EU level . She liked our idea and told that our proposal could be useful in all ER (COVID and not Covid). She also interacts with major hospital in Rome (Gemelli Teaching Hospital) . She gave us great insightful resources to explore on the patient management and other papers in EU, processes etc. She also gave many suggestions and extended support as she was interested in taking the idea to Italy
Jill, (Scotland ), Guided us in ideation process of the project, what next how to position etc.
Nagendra, (Sweden, Business and Sales Specialist) Guided us to understand the systems and integrations with healthcare and economic systems
Louise (Our Sweden Mentor) guided us in talking to the Swedish stakeholders. And provided suggestions and improvements to the workflows.
Also, interacted with various other stakeholders, After discussions we decided to enhance our workflow with GP (also as a primary health care provider) as some of the countries we have medical helplines and some GP's are primary health cares.
We continued discussions with Business service manager, Sweden of other health care agencies.
We brainstormed and discussed on enhancing tools.. preventive analytics, visualisations .
And updated our business plan
How we built it - plan
STEP1: Problem Identification
We discussed with Emergency doctor and deceased patient's wife. Problem: Emergency rooms are overburden, Health care resources are limited and there is trauma in the public.
STEP2 : Problem area identification.
Understanding the health care systems, we noticed that if we can tweek a small process in providing early health care support to prioritzed patients, we can reduce the stress and trauma. That process is very simple, easy to implement but should have mainfold implications.
STEP3 : Solution identification
Color coding stages of corona by experts at every level of interaction call/request with the medical support doctors/nurses. Prioritized furs ther interaction/call to the most needy patient based on the severity.
STEP4: Validation of Stakeholders
Discussed with sevaral stakeholders extensively in Sweden and also to other countries Italy, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark.
We discussed this solution with a medical helpline in Sweden , they were willing to apply it. It is a simple tweek in the workflow. But the data it gives can be used by many stakeholders Spoke to National ehealth agency, medical supplies planning team, Community planning for regions in stockholm, Emergy rooms , deceased patients wife, all stakeholders have given very positive testimonials.
STEP 5: Pilot
We have discussed with the medical help line in Stockholm region and they have been interested in implementing the idea. Work in progress
STEP 6: Extending pilot to Sweden national regions
We have valiadated the idea with the responsible stakeholder with the communes and national stakeholders. they were interested in the idea. After the pilot we will discuss with them and extend the implementation
STEP 7: Extending pilot to other European countries and world
We have stakeholder validations in other European countries. Italy HTO, liked the idea very much , will discuss with them and take the idea forward After the pilot in Stockholm
See the document url for more info ,references section
Challenges we ran into
Understanding healthcare and Government system influencers on health care providers
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Useful and Very Quick stakeholder validations feedback about the impact of the colors of corona. Explored Stakeholders in Sweden. Also discussed with other countries in Europe.
Validation feedback we get from them, is amazing to see how they like the idea and see the impact on health care. Save lifes
- Solution is very easy to implement but huge impact to the society, health care systems, business, government ,CDC....National planning on emergencies etc
- Colors of corona is a solution that is very helpful beyond COVID . With a branding name change :)
We are proud to have developed an effective information management and prioritisation solution, which has the potential to save lives during Covid and also beyond that.
What we learned
Understanding healthcare and Government systems and influencers on health care providers. Other systems around healthcare that can benefit to the society , governments, insurance, medical supplies etc real time communicates
What's next for Colors_of_Corona
Next step for Colors_of_Corona is to rapidly align the solution with the stakeholders and implement a pilot. Extend the solution to other regions and countries basis the pilot Colors of corona solution can be applied to beyond COVID, with a just a brand name change :) Triaging and providing health care based Patient severity, based on previous health conditions is very essential. connecting all systems, health care systems, government , insurances etc to the primary health care is very essential in prevention, Planning, control and handling health care systems and other systems around.
Try It out
analytics, api, communication, d3.js, google-analytics, react, visualizatoin, webservice, workflow