We were inspired by the success story that is findthemasks.com, which contains thousands of drop-off points for (Personal Protective Equipment) PPE globally.
What it does
We bring this website and its backend to Switzerland, allowing us to collect needs from medical personnel and hospitals, format the data and compile on the site, so that donors know how, when, where to donate they PPE.
How we built it
We integrated the global team and created a Swiss frontend and backend
Challenges we ran into
- Understanding how the data is processed
- Getting in touch with hospitals
- Managing the language barrier
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Getting our first deposit point on the map!
What we learned
- How to use backends
- How to get in touch with medical professionals
What's next for #findthemasks switzerland
- Increasing the coverage, exploring non-French cantons
- Recruiting a team to process the data
- Increasing our institutional connections