We think especially older people are at risk of loneliness and isolation, because they are - either out of physical limitations or because of not being familiar with technical devices - often not able to get into contact with others digitally.
With Videas we strive to make it as simple as possible for caregivers to offer video chats - with the lowest hardware requirements possible.
What it does
- Simple planning tool for video chats with low effort for the caregivers.
- Residents and visiting times are entered once, then a link can be sent to relatives and friends. Using this link to our web app they can book a video chat at a day and time of their choosing.
- At the booked time a video chat opens automatically on the appropriate device and closes after the booked time (e.g. 30 mins).
- Appointments are listed and can be printed out.
How we built it
- Planning & realization in our team of four:
- Low fidelity mockups, UX/UI, logo, video (Jaye)
- Logo, images, landing page (Valy)
- MVP with Flutter Web and Firebase (Mark)
- Backend with python, pitch video (Alex)
Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Having finished a convincing pitch video, a beautiful landing page and a working MVP
What I learned
What's next for Videas
- Continue to make it production ready
- Clarification of the legal framework
- Get pilot customers
Try it out:
Try It out