In a short duration of 4 months, the number of Corona-virus cases reached 10 lac and still increasing day by day. It is a pandemic of respiratory disease spreading from person-to-person caused by a novel coronavirus. “As of 6 February 2017, a total of to 19217 hospitals and health-care facilities in 177 countries.”
“Available statistics show that over 30% of WHO Member States report to have less than 10 medical doctors per 10000 population.”
“Available statistics show that over 45% of WHO member states report having less than 1 physician per 1000 population.”
Even the world's largest democracy India only has 7,39,024 beds in 37,725 facilities and has 1 doctor for every 1457 citizens.
These numbers do not seem good enough for a population of 7.8 billion. There is no way for government authorities to test all citizens as they do not have infrastructure and testing kits to do so.
We can take the help of technology to target the citizens having the highest probability of having the inflection and providing the necessary supplies.
Vitality is a social accountability application that requires contribution from citizens and government officials.
Using the Virality mobile applications citizens can register themselves and provides update related to their health daily, generate a request for necessary supplies, get latest updates from government officials.
Using the admin portal government officials can keep track of the user's health, identify the citizens having the highest probability of being a corona inflect person, provides necessary helps to the needy ones.
e.g. A user reporting all major symptoms like fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, etc for continuously 5-8 days have a high probability of inflection.
What it does
- User registration using the phone number
- Registration of family members
- Submission of health status
- Multi-language support
- Information on symptoms and precautions
- Checking global or country-specific stats
- Information on test centers and helpline numbers issued by government officials.
- Geo tracking of the user
- Option to send help requests related to the medical, food supply, water supply, etc.
- Option to provide help in the nearby location to the needy ones.
Vitality Mobile Application:
- Using the Vitality mobile applications citizens can register themselves
- Provides update related to their health status to the government officials
- Monitor their health status and progress
- Perform self-assessment tests and get reports
- Generate a request for necessary supplies and provide help to the needy ones
- Get latest updates published by government officials
- Check the inflected areas using the map
- Maintain the social distance while moving out
Vitality Admin Portal:
- Using the admin portal government officials can keep track of the citizen’s health
- Identify the citizens having the highest probability of being inflected person
- Monitor and predict the pandemic outbreak
- Provides the necessary help and support to the needy ones
- Monitor the inflected citizens' progress
- Notify the citizens for necessary measures and precautions.
Currently, the government is testing either the inflected ones or to the citizens showing some symptoms of the inflection. As we have limited resources we should target the high probability ones for the testing. The proposed solution will help the governments will be able to monitor the health status of their citizens and able to utilize the available resources in a much precise way. Also, using the application we will be able to create a prediction model for the inflection outbreak.
- The proposed solution will help the governments to utilize the available resources more efficiently.
- Identification and prediction of pandemic diseases will improve.
- The government will be able to monitor the citizens' health in a much-planned way and provide necessary help timely.
How we built it
3 nights, and a few hours of sleep.
What's next for Vitality: Your Social Accountability App
- Bot to perform a self-assessment test of the user
- Option to chat with other users
- Option to share experience during the lockdown
- Creation of AI engine to predict the probability of inflection
- Option to track the inflected person using the admin portal
- Option to send messages to the inflected person using the admin portal
- Notify the nearby users if an inflected person traveling in their nearby area
Try It out
express.js, flutter, mongodb, nest.js, typescript