I have a deep sense of responsibility to help people. I also have a deep connection with humanity. With the current pandemic upon us, people dying, support needed, and more to come, with businesses struggling, and people in need of a solution. Challenges in health, vulnerable populations, businesses, community, education, entertainment and other areas, I know that this project will serve the world and solve those challenges.
What it does
- The marketplace provides a way for people to access opportunity through the use of technologies from global providers.
- They can easily buy and sell online.
- They can easily list services for use by others.
- Volunteers can advertise and share their samaritan activities.
- Messages to loved ones who have passed will remain.
- Medical partners, manufacturers and suppliers can connect with local neighbourhoods to provide support.
- Entertainment can be easily accessed by searching and simply clicking from the available listing specific to the pandemic.
- Vulnerable people can be reached, supported and helped.
- This can be done in any language. As all popular web browsers are able to translate 95% of the content by default.
- Everything can be shared on social media.
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
I initially had no funding. There is only one team member. Managing the whole project by myself. Making it cost-effective. Reducing operational overhead. And researching and learning whilst building the marketplace.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
It is ready to be used. It can solve a global problem. Learning new things, overcoming the challenges. And the sheer brilliance of the idea.
What I learned
I've learnt that making a difference comes with its struggles. That you can get a lot done in a day, be productive and have a family if you try.
That the UN sustainability goals not only measure but produce benefit for the world in its totality.
That this pandemic in a very sad way is calling people like myself into action.
What's next for wherecanibuyit.online
- Change the domain name to www.wherecanifindit.online, to better serve the purpose of the website
- Tackle more problems in the world
- Discover more innovative technologies that will benefit the users
- Create more features
- Build the team through hackathons
- Update the marketplace as the state of Covid19 pandemic changes
- Setup charity donations/pages
- Advertise local businesses and services
- Action UN sustainability goals through awareness and personalised messaging to viewers
But for now, I solely want to address the problems of the pandemic that are affecting the world, the people, our communities, businesses and governments.
Try It out